Hey guys, new to Sketchup and rendering. I have narrowed down rendering to Indigo and Arielvision. Arielvision lets me disable all Sketchup lighting and make objects illuminated. Arielvision doesn't seem to give me much control over light. I have an interior scene and only want it lit by a desk lamp. I turned off all lighting in arielvision options and did a test render but the scene is still lit. Is it possible to disable all lighting only have the object I want lighting the scene?

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For example, here is my scene rendered in Indigo:

And here it is in Ariel Vision:

In Ariel, the lights are not realistic at all plus there appears to be some other light source like the sun or something. Is Ariel Vision able to produce the kind of lighting I get with Indigo?

The ArielVision image is brighter - this may be because of the ambient light settings. But you should use the brightness slider to lower the brightness if that is what you want to achieve,

Brightness slider.png

Our Photometrics feature automatically adjusts the brightness of a scene - much like most cameras - so if you want a dim room, you need to lower the broghtness, and not just use lower wattage lamps.

In the Arielvision scene, you did not apply any reflection to the couch and sofa, so that is why there is no glossy reflection of light on them.

Send your model to support@renderplus.com

We used to have an option to treat standard SketchUp lights - such as the lights on the wall - as lights. I should be able to turn them off if that is what you want to do.

Did you place a desk lamp in the model?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

John McNeil is now a member of ArielVision from Render Plus Software
Sep 5
Hudsn gmax posted a discussion

System is a brand new secret to find out a extra entire

If you are a new user, you needn’t worry about buying this supplement as it's far to be had for purchase on its authentic internet site. Folliclerx  You can order it on line simply through…See More
Aug 8
Hudsn gmax is now a member of ArielVision from Render Plus Software
Aug 8
KATE KWAME is now a member of ArielVision from Render Plus Software
Jun 25
Rick Havenstrite posted a discussion

writing geometry very slow

The latest 2 updates were suppose to speed up the "writing geometry" phase, but it seems to be just the opposite on my computer. What could be causing that?See More
Nov 4, 2016
Rick Havenstrite replied to Rick Havenstrite's discussion material transparency problem
"Yeh..... that's the problem with so many options and buttons. Play with them long enough, you're bound to break things.   Don't take away that reset button. I'm not through clicking on those buttons. "
Sep 1, 2016
Al Hart replied to Rick Havenstrite's discussion material transparency problem
"It may have been refractive or reflective bounces, Sometimes these get set to 0 - which means not light passes through transparent, refractive, glass, and no light reflects. Reset to defaults sets them back to 3 and 6"
Sep 1, 2016
Rick Havenstrite replied to Rick Havenstrite's discussion material transparency problem
"The problem I had was primarily having a window that was semi-transparent and reflective. Since there was window shades on the inside, I wanted to see those and the reflections of the trees in the yard. After changing the values of both the…"
Sep 1, 2016

© 2017   Created by Al Hart.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service